Steel Shot Blasting
Steel shot blasting is a high production, cost-effective way to clean, improve, polish, and shot peen metal and concrete surfaces. Accelerated by an electric motor or pneumatic nozzle, this proven G&C abrasive is available in different grades to suit your unique application. Common uses include:
- Corrosion removal. Steel shot blasting removes dirt, grime, rust, chemicals, scaling, and paint without damaging the underlying substrate.
- Surface preparation for painting and coating. Steel shot is an effective way to prep metal surfaces, since it helps coatings to bond and increases coating lifespan.
- Light etching of surfaces for coating preparation.
- Cleaning automotive components such as crankshafts, cylinder blocks, and transmission parts.
- Shot peening maintenance for aircraft components and aerospace equipment.
- Removing mill scale from ships and marine equipment.
- Improving skid resistance for concrete surfaces.
G&C serves a broad range of industry specialties with our Houston steel shot blasting services, including railway, structural steel, construction, foundry, petrochemical, subsea, shipyard, and steel mill. Recognized advantages of steel shot blasting include:
- Long-lasting media that can be recycled many times before requiring replacement.
- Low dust levels for safe use in confined workspaces.
- Chemically inert and environmentally friendly.
- Reduction of bonding failures due to promotion of high-quality coating adherence.
- Round design for well-balanced results.
- High cleaning efficiency & optimum fatigue resistance.
G&C Steel Shot Blasting Services
Steel shot is an efficient, reclaimable blasting media effective for many applications. To discuss your upcoming project with a G&C Coatings’ team member or inquire about pricing for shot blasting and peening, dial 832-376-2401 or inquire online. A representative will be in touch promptly!